History

‘Snehatheeram’ was sown down in the merciful heart of Rev Sr. Roselin, by God with a definite plan, in the month of September 2002; she opened this ‘home of mercy’ on 26th September with three mentally challenged women picked up from the streets. The divine seed in Sr. Roselin found a fertile ground in a heart inclined to love unreservedly. Inspired by her divine spouse, she decided to give herself fully than to receive, to love than to be loved, to serve than to be served. A resolute and confident personality emerged from within herself with total trust in the divine providence. God, in its mysterious way, led her to the hitherto little known Vilakudy village in Pathanapuram taluk of Kollam district in God’s own country, Kerala.

A 14 cent land with a small house was bought by her family, for her and her ‘new family’. On 15th December 2002, she called together a few likeminded people and took a courageous step to create a society and get the same registered. Vilakudy is situated on NH. 744, 11 Kms from Kottarakkara towards Punalur town which is 8 Kms away. It is an agricultural village. With a population of about 30433 inhabitants.

With the registration of the institution under and according to The Travancore Cochin Literary, Scientific & Charitable Societies Registration Act of 1955 (Act. XII of 1955) in January 2003. The name of Society shall be “Snehatheeram Charitable Society” (Q.19/03)

People of goodwill from far and wide and family members of Sr. Roselin began to come with small and big donations which later helped to purchase 42 cents more land adjacent to the old building, with a modest house for the accommodation of the nuns serving here. Snehatheeram received recognition from Board of Control for Orphanages and Other Charitable Homes, Kerala, in May 2007.

Major Objectives

Home About Members Testimonials Activities Donate News Future Plans Finances Gallery Contact
Copyright © 2014 Snehatheeram Charitable Society |Web design by OrangeDice